Posts Tagged ‘chips’
October 16, 2013 by Jenn
I don’t really think I need to explain too much here, am I right? Chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite combination of all time. These cookies are the absolute BEST and they’re just in time for the holidays.
- 1 C butter, soft but not melted
- 1 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 2/3 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups Reece’s peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla and beat together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. Gently stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Place the batter in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies to rise instead of coming out flat.
- Lightly grease your cookie sheet and drop the batter in rounded spoonfuls. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. I prefer my cookies to be softer so I took mine out after about 11 minutes. If you like crunchy cookies, leave them in a bit longer.
I’m a big fan of recipes that are basic and can be changed a little here and there. This is a really simple and easy recipe that you can modify any way you see fit. I’m thinking that next time I might add pretzel pieces or maybe cherries for Christmas time. What are your favorite holiday cookies??