January 26, 2013 by Jenn
One of the biggest complaints I hear from vegan buddies is the lack of peanut butter cups in their lives. Reece’s doesn’t even know they’d be sitting on a gold mine if they’d just use some vegan chocolate. Here’s a way to make these delicious treats on your own.
Yields: 24 cups
- 3 Cups Vegan chocolate (chips or chunks, doesn’t matter)
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
- double boiler (or make-shift double boiler like mine)
- Cut the top off the cupcake liners so they are half their original size. Place them in the cupcake pan.
- Melt your Vegan chocolate in your double boiler. Use a small spoon to deposit melted chocolate into the cupcake liners. Not very much, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Put cupcake pan in the freezer for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Mix sugar, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a bowl. It will be kinda tough. I just used my hands to incorporate all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Make small disk shapes out of the peanut butter mixture and place on top of the hardened chocolate. I wanted my cups to have the same appearance as the originals so I made sure to leave a little room around the sides of the cups for the chocolate to drip into.
- Once you’re done with the disks, take more melted chocolate and cover the disks completely. Use your spoon to smooth out the tops.
- Place in the freezer for another 25 minutes until they are completely hardened.
- Then eat all of them in one sitting.
No but seriously. You might. I would recommend keeping these bad boys refrigerated until you plan on serving them, just to make sure the chocolate doesn’t melt at all.
I will neither confirm nor deny that I ate 3 of these for breakfast.
You must be logged in to post a comment.