October 19, 2012 by Jenn
Pumpkin time is the best time! I LOVE IT. If I had my way I would have pumpkin everything all throughout October and November. I myself am not completely vegan but I have a lot of friends who are and shouldn’t they be able to have fun too? Today we bring you Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes!!!
2 cups soy milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 can pumpkin (15oz can)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground allspice
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven: 350 degrees
Yields: about 25
1. Combine your soy milk and vinegar together in a large bowl. Whisk together then set aside. You want the soy milk to curdle a little bit. I know it sounds yucky but this helps the soy milk to become more stable.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, spices, powder, soda, and salt. Whisk together until mixed thoroughly.
3. In the soy milk bowl, add your vegetable oil and sugar. Mix well.
4. Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes being careful that there are no clumps. Batter should be smooth.
5. Mix in your pumpkin puree. Now your batter is ready!
6. Line your cupcake pan with liners. I like to lightly spray my liners with a vegetable spray, this helps the papers come off much easier. Fill the liner a little more than half-way full and pop in the oven.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until brown on top. With a lot of vegan desserts, the toothpick trick doesn’t always work. I usually tap the top of the cake and if its really soft that means it’s not done yet. The tops should be golden brown and not squishy.
I hope you enjoy them!! I had a Halloween get together recently and these cakes were a hit. I won’t say too much because there’s a post coming all about Halloween parties! Yay!
PS- my little “Beware” flags came from target!
You must be logged in to post a comment.